50 Inspirational Quotes for Teachers
Get inspired with these amazing motivational quotes that will give you a boost.
Do you need a reminder of why you became a teacher? These motivational teaching quotes will help you recover your love for showing your students the path to learning.
On your worst day, these teaching quotes will help inspire you to continue. They inspired us! We hope they inspire you too.
50 Quotes About Teaching
1. “Every child deserves a champion—an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.” – Rita Pierson
2. “The teacher has two tasks: to lead the children to concentration and to help them in their development afterwards.” – Maria Montessori
3. “…People with great passion, people who accomplish great deeds, people who possess strong feelings, even people with great minds and a strong personality, rarely come out of good little boys and girls.” – Lev Vygotsky
4. “The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.” – Dan Rather
5. “I cannot teach anybody anything; I can only make them think.” – Socrates
6. “The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done.” – Jean Piaget
7. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
8. “Education is the best weapon for peace.” – Maria Montessori
9. “The teacher must adopt the role of facilitator not content provider.” – Lev Vygostky
10. “Are we forming children who are only capable of learning what is already known? Or should we try to develop innovative and creative minds, capable of discovery from the preschool age on, throughout life?” – Jean Piaget
11. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
12. “Preventing conflicts is the work of politics; establishing peace is the work of education.” – Maria Montessori
13. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” – Colleen Wilcox
14. “Teaching means creating situations where structures can be discovered.” – Jean Piaget
15. “Play is the work of the child.” – Maria Montessori
16. “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” – Chinese Proverb
17. “What a child can do today with assistance, she will be able to do by herself tomorrow.” – Lev Vygotsky
18. “Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions.” – Author unknown
19. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” – Confucius
20. “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” – Karl Meninger
21. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
22. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day, but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” – Clay P. Bedford
23. “Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” – Anonymous
24. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.” Phil Collins
25. “All students can learn and succeed, but not in the same way and not in the same day.” – William G. Spady
26. “They may forget what you said but they will not forget the way you made them feel.” -Carl Buechner
27. “The teachers task is to initiate the learning process and then get out of the way.” – John Warren
28. “What greater joy can a teacher feel than to witness a child’s success?” – Michelle L. Graham
29. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
30. “Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.” – Helen Caldicott
31. “The fact that you worry about being a good teacher, means you already are one.” – Jodi Picoult
32. “Lessons on kindness are just as important as academic ones.” – Anonymous
33. “The best thing about being a teacher is that it matters. The hardest thing about being a teacher is that it matters every day.” -Todd Whitaker
34. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle
Funny Quotes About Teaching
We all need to laugh a little. But teachers especially. With all the stress and jobs on the shoulders of teachers, humor can make that load a little lighter. Check out these funny quotes about teaching:
35. “Teaching is a walk in the park…if that park is Jurassic Park.” – Unknown
36. “Summer: The time of the year when parents realize just how grossly underpaid teachers actually are.” – Author unknown
37. “Good teachers are the ones who can challenge young minds without losing their own.” –
38. “Teaching: the only profession where you steal things from home and bring them to work.” – Author unknown
39. “Teaching seems to require the sort of skills one would need to pilot a bus full of live chickens backwards, with no brakes, down a rocky road through the Andes while simultaneously providing colorful and informative commentary on the scenery.” – Franklin Habit
40. “The best teacher of children, in brief, is one who is essentially childlike.” – H. L. Mencken
41. “To survive as a teacher you need 3 bones: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.” – Author unknown
42. “I can’t believe I just saw my teacher at the grocery store! I thought she lived in her classroom!
– Heidi McDonald (and every other 2nd grader)
43. “I’m just a teacher standing in front of my class trying to remember what I was going to say before my students interrupted me 1000 times! – Mrs. D
44. “May your coffee be strong and your students be calm.” – We Are Teachers
45. “Being a new teacher is like trying to fly an airplane while building it.” – Rick Smith
46. “Cheers to all of the teachers who give out pencils every single day knowing that they’ll never get them back.” – Author unknown
47. “Dear Parents: If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I’ll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home.” – Author unknown
48. “Did I really just call my teacher Mom?” – Heidi McDonald (and lots of other students!)
49. “‘Don’t lick the desk!’ It’s just another Tuesday for a teacher.” – Author unknown
50. “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s children.” – Nicholas A. Ferroni
How to Use Teaching Quotes
How can you best make use of these education quotes for teachers?
Inspirational teaching quotes can be turned into a mantra of positivity to help you through your day. They can be helpful reminders to keep on going and doing your best. They can even help you improve your mood and your teaching.
Here are a few ideas for how you can use these teaching quotes:
Post a few of your favorite quotes on your computer, daily planner, or even your blackboard! Many of these quotes can also apply to your students. So pick one that fits and put it on your whiteboard or blackboard to inspire yourself and students.
Posting quotes can help you memorize them and think about them more often. That way, you can keep a more positive and inspired outlook.
Try changing your quotes on a monthly basis to keep bringing fresh, new ideas to your teaching.
Say it To Yourself
Another way to use teaching quotes is to say them to yourself. When you feel stressed, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and repeat the quote. It can help you feel centered and grounded.
Turn Them Into Art
Focus on one of the quotes. What does it make you think of? What colors come to your mind. Color or paint a picture that fits the quote. You can also write the quote across your piece of art. However, taking some time to turn the quote into art can be enough to remind you of the quote. Then, you can hang up your artwork where it will remind you of the quote.
We hope you enjoyed these education quotes for teachers. They sure inspired us!